NSCC - Manager, Admissions Policy and Assessment
Manager, Admissions Policy and Assessment
Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC) - Central Office
Halifax City, Nova Scotia
Registrar and Enrolment Services,
Central / IT Campus
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Full-Time, Continuing Position: Commencing approximately February 19, 2018
Application deadline is midnight January 30, 2018
Competition No. 2018-021
Salary range: $76,450 to $89,941 annually
What you will be doing…
The Manager, Admissions Policy and Assessment, will provide leadership in admissions and enrolment management at NSCC. This includes stewardship of admission policy and procedures, all aspects of the applicant record, including documentation, and enrolment management at NSCC.
Reporting to the Director of Enrolment and Registrar and working as part of a joint leadership team in Enrolment Services, the Manager is a subject matter expert on all admissions related functions, including policy and process, systems and technologies, records management and integrity, communications and enrolment management. The Manager is a resource for teams and units across the College, as well as for external stakeholders.
The Manager works closely with peer managers and teams in Registrar and Enrolment Services to foster a shared vision of departmental and College goals, and steward daily operations in a high volume, deadline driven environment. S/he also works with teams across the College, to integrate approaches and develop a ‘best practices’ philosophy that supports the accuracy and integrity of our records, and promotes both student and College success.
The Manager is cognizant of the significant forces that influence NSCC’s position in the marketplace, and is a champion of its commitment to student success. H/she works closely with stakeholders throughout the College to ensure consistency and best-practice for admissions and enrolment management, and to evolve our systems and technologies, policies and practices to meet the needs of our applicants and the organization.
What we are looking for…
You are a collaborative, team player who takes personal accountability to deliver on what is expected in your role and you strive for excellence every day. You understand our position as role models to our students and as such, you demonstrate the utmost professionalism, integrity and respect for all persons in everything you do. You are committed to life-long learning, occupational currency and a belief in NSCC’s mission. You bring a learning-centered perspective to everything you do. You think broadly, celebrate diversity of thought, and respect the uniqueness of individuals. You flourish in a dynamic, changing and sometimes ambiguous environment by keeping informed and connected within your role and the College. Is this you?
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
· The minimum educational qualification for this position is a university degree in a related discipline, such as: Business, Education, Information Technology, Library and Information Sciences).
· A minimum of 5 years of recent and related occupational experience in admissions, enrolment management, student services, or equivalent experience in education or public service with a strong emphasis on leadership, communications, problem solving, project management and policy is required.
· Occupational experience that includes working in a post-secondary environment would be considered an asset.
· You have strong Microsoft Office Skills, particularly in the use of Excel and email functions.
· Competency in database management tools and other technologies that help to manage a large volume of records.
· Comfort in a digital environment is required. This includes training and professional development that fosters occupational currency in technology, and a commitment to the use of advancing technology to enhance our business model.
Relevant Skills and Knowledge
· You demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
· You possess excellent interpersonal skills that enable you to interact at all levels of an organization.
· You possess a strong desire to deliver a superb service experience and you foster this in your team.
· Strong leadership skills that contribute to a positive team environment.
· You are known for your problem solving and critical thinking skills.
· Strong communication skills, both written and oral, are critical to this position.
· Records and information management skills and experience are required.
· Project management skills and experience are required for this role.
· You have demonstrated strength in supervising, managing and leading a team.
· You demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence and a quality service experience.
· You are dedicated to life-long learning and professional currency.
What you will experience at NSCC…
You will change lives. You will join committed individuals as we work to build Nova Scotia’s economy and improve quality of life through education and innovation. As an NSCC employee, you will be part of that change.
You will find a place to grow personally and professionally with opportunities for professional development and collaborative projects. You will do meaningful and challenging work in a publically accountable and respectful working and learning environment that is diverse, safe and inclusive. You will have the freedom to enable innovation, improvement and excellence. You will celebrate the uniqueness of individuals. Our college welcomes diversity in both its student body and its employees, and we take every opportunity to become more inclusive. We encourage applications from qualified candidates from all diverse communities including but not limited to Indigenous Persons, racially visible persons, people with disabilities and women in non-traditional roles. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so by completing an online questionnaire with your application. NSCC offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package. As a learning-centred
organization, we provide opportunities for every NSCC employee to be a life-long learner. Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to provide at least three recent, occupational references. The successful candidate will be expected to provide official transcripts to show proof of academic achievements.
To apply for College jobs, simply click on the Apply Now Online button. To serve you better, NSCC has a user-friendly on-line application process in partnership with Career Beacon. First time users will complete a basic registration and receive a username and password via email (NOTE: email may appear in "Junk Mail" folder depending upon your mail management configuration). You will then have the option of uploading your existing resume(s) and cover letter(s) in seconds or creating them on-the-spot in the "editor". For more information about working at the College, please visit us at http://www.nscc.ca/about_nscc/jobs_at_nscc/