NSCC - Web Analyst (CS10)
Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC) – Institute of Technology Campus
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Web Services, Digital Innovation & Technology Continuing Full-Time Position: Commencing approximately December 4, 2017
Salary range: $49,568 to $60,471 annually
Application deadline is midnight, November 28, 2017
Competition No. 2017-305
What you’ll be doing…
Are you passionate about great web user experiences and building exceptional web software and applications? Do you want to work as part of an innovative, collaborative team where you apply your expertise while growing professionally? NSCC’s Web Services team has an opportunity for a motivated and experienced candidate to join us.
As the Web Analyst, you will play a key role in evolving NSCC’s digital media properties and initiatives. You will gather requirements, develop plans for new or upgraded digital media products, and help test and deploy web applications, technologies and sites.
Your regular duties will include monitoring the performance of our products through analytics and other data sources and creating usage reports and recommendations in order to continually improve them. You will also provide user support, analyze, troubleshoot and fix issues with web products and CMS frameworks.
In this role, you will work extensively with internal business units to understand processes and requirements in order to plan and evaluate digital media solutions.
You will conduct operational support work that provides great day-to-day service as well participate in projects and initiatives that both grow and transform the College’s business processes and user experiences.
Working in a highly-collaborative, fun, respectful and fast-paced team environment within a geographically diverse organization, the Web Analyst reports to the Manager, Web Services.
What we’re looking for…
A collaborative, team player who takes personal accountability to deliver on what is expected in their role and who strives for excellence every day. Committed to life-long learning, occupational currency and a belief in NSCC’s mission, they bring a learning-centered perspective to everything they do. They think broadly, celebrate diversity of thought, and respect the uniqueness of individuals. They flourish in a dynamic, changing and sometimes ambiguous environment by keeping informed and connected within their role and the College. Is this you? You have:
· You possess a relevant college diploma or degree such as information management, computer science, information technology or communications diploma with related experience.
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience of gathering and working with business and end-user requirements, web operations experience including web content integration and end-user support across multiple web platforms and technologies
· Experience participating in the development of interactive, online experiences that combine user experience best practices and business goals
· Experience in client services and resolving functional and technical issues
· Experience with web development methodologies, life cycles, and best practices
Minimum skills and ability:
· Able to work well in a collaborative team environment, and communicate effectively with other team members
· Solid understanding of Photoshop, Visio and Acrobat
· Extensive experience developing analytics measures and using Google Analytics and related products
· Familiarity with CMS products and Microsoft SharePoint products & technologies
· Ability to learn web applications quickly and understand how they work
· A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Professional Suite
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present technical terminology to internal clients of all levels in an easy-to-understand manner
What you’ll experience at NSCC…
You’ll change lives. You’ll join committed individuals as we work to build Nova Scotia’s economy and improve quality of life through education and innovation. As an NSCC employee, you’ll be part of that change.
You’ll find a place to grow. With a lot of opportunity for professional development and collaborative projects, you’ll continue to grow and learn throughout your career. You’ll find a place to thrive. Doing meaningful and challenging work in a publically accountable and respectful working and learning environment that is diverse, safe and inclusive. You’ll have the freedom to enable innovation, improvement and excellence. You’ll celebrate the uniqueness of individuals. Our college welcomes diversity in both its student body and its employees, and we take every opportunity to become more inclusive. We encourage applications from qualified candidates from all diverse communities including but not limited to Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, people with disabilities and women in non-traditional roles. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so by completing an online questionnaire with your application. NSCC offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package. As a learning-centred organization, we provide opportunities for every NSCC employee to be a life-long learner. Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to provide at least three recent, relevant references. The successful candidate will be expected to provide official transcripts to show proof of academic achievements.
To apply for College jobs, simply click on the Apply Now Online button. To serve you better, NSCC has a user-friendly on-line application process in partnership with Career Beacon. First time users will complete a basic registration and receive a username and password via email (NOTE: email may appear in "Junk Mail" folder
depending upon your mail management configuration). You will then have the option of uploading your existing resume(s) and cover letter(s) in seconds or creating them on-the-spot in the "editor". For more information about working at the College, please visit us at http://www.nscc.ca/about_nscc/jobs_at_nscc/