Ambassatours Gray Line - Tour Guide
Tour Guide in Halifax job - Ambassatours Gray Line - Murphy's The Cable Wharf - Halifax, NS | Indeed.com
Here we grow again!
Ambassatours Gray Line is seeking dynamic, organized individuals for part-time, seasonal positions as Tour Guides in the port of Halifax. Note: these positions start now as part-time and continue closer to full time through September and October. You must be available to work from now through October.
Our Tour Guides hosting groups of tourists by taking them to unique and popular attractions such as gardens, churches, museums, galleries and National Historic Sites. Tour Guides may lead walking tours, marine based water tours, and/or driving tours through popular sites, national parks, historic neighborhoods, or other regional points of interest. Tour guides must enjoy collecting and retaining historical facts, dates and anecdotes, as well as enjoy relaying this information to visitors in an entertaining, informative way.
* follow a pre-determined schedule outlined by the cruise company
* collect and account for all tickets
* account for every passenger while in your charge
* plan and organize routes and stops into allotted time frames
* be a destination ambassador
* deliver factual commentary and interesting tidbits of information
* provide guidance and taking control of a group while in your care
* work well with local tourism suppliers and other staff
* enjoy entertaining a group and being a 'story teller'
* this is a part-time, seasonal position from approximately May to end-October
* irregular work days could take place over any day of the week (including weekends and holidays)
* our tours run mostly during the day (rarely evenings)
* possible work days are predictable by using the Halifax cruise schedule
This is a fun, challenging and exciting position for anyone looking for additional income. An interest in local history, culture, etc. is required. Retired teachers particularly enjoy becoming tour guides with our company. Previous travel experience is an asset.
Work can be close to full time in Sept and Oct. When you apply, please indicate your availability date for work in September and October.
Salary: will be discussed during the interview.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $0.00 /year
High school or equivalent
customer service: 3 years