Human Rescources Manager
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER FULL-TIME, PERMANENT
Since 1987, Phoenix has been dedicated to supporting youth and contributing to a vibrant community. Phoenix’s ten locations in Halifax, N.S. provide a continuum of care for youth aged 11-24 and their families. Our team of caring professionals recognizes that each person who comes to us has individual needs as well as strengths. People are the leaders in their own lives; Phoenix is a leader in supporting them. To learn more about Phoenix visit our website: www.phoenixyouth.ca. Phoenix serves hundreds of youth who collectively offer great diversity to the organization. To better serve the youth we aim to reflect their diversity in our staff contingent. Phoenix is searching for a Human Resources Manager with generalist experience and enthusiasm for all aspects of human resources, from the creative big picture to the administration of personnel information. The Human Resources Manager manages the full-cycle hiring and departure processes; information management; and offers support and leadership to the management teams and staff overall. Additional responsibilities include policy development; leadership development; staff engagement; performance management; compensation strategy; return-to-work plans; and providing information and recommendations pertaining to employment law. The Human Resources Manager is a member of the Executive Management Team, reporting to the Executive Director. Compensation: A competitive salary, comprehensive group medical insurance plan, Employee and Family Assistance Program, RRSP contribution, three weeks of vacation in the first year and four in the second, generous sick leave, a generous paid holiday schedule, in-house trainings and professional development opportunities.
Hours of Work: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday to Friday, with some flexibility in hours Location: 6035 Coburg Rd., Halifax
Screening Requirements: This position is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check including a vulnerable sector search, a child abuse register check and proof of education.
- Develop and execute the strategic plan for human resources.
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment process. - Serve as a resource to all employees (provide information, interpretation, advice, and resolve day-to-day issues). - Ensure that internal employment practices, policies and procedures comply with current employment law and are applied consistently across the organization. - Provide advice and coaching to management on resolving employee and performance issues.
- Participate in the coaching, counselling, disciplining and termination of employees as required. - Develop, implement, maintain and interpret policies and procedures. - Lead working groups related to staff engagement, leadership development and other project-based work. - Coordinate, manage and analyze employee opinion surveys and disseminate the information. - Develop, review and train on the performance management program. - Collaborate with others about strategies for retention; talent cultivation; leadership development; staffing; and compensation. - Manage employee information (database, compensation and personnel files).
QUALIFICATIONS - Post-secondary degree and a post-graduate degree or diploma in human resources management. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. - A CPHR designation is preferred. - Minimum three years’ working as a Human Resources Generalist. - Ability to think critically about issues; to present and defend rationale; apply meaning to data; and comfort working with numbers are all essential. - Knowledge of Labour Standards and Human Rights Legislation and experience ensuring compliance through policy development and practical application. - Great comfort in working independently and autonomously. - Ability to lead goal-oriented groups; and to prepare and deliver presentations and workshops is essential. - Excellent communication skills, particularly written. - Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with people from diverse backgrounds, cultures and abilities.
- Excellent organization; time management; and attention to detail with a ready ability to be flexible and adaptable when required.
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office products.
- Desire for continuous learning and professional development.
- Experience working for a non-profit organization is an asset.
TO APPLY Please forward a resume and a cover letter (in Word or as a PDF document) with pertinent information about your qualifications by 5 p.m. A.S.T, Wednesday, June 21, 2017, to: Andrea Stone, Executive Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “HR Manager”