Function: Customer Service/Contact Centers
Location: Halifax Contact Centre, Lower Sackville, B4C 3E4, Nova Scotia
Date posted: 08/23/2016
Permanent / Contract: Regular
Job number: 986912
The Staples Inc Halifax Contact Center now has openings for excellent chat/phone customer service representatives that have the ability to WOW customers!
Staples is the world's largest office products company and leading office supply distributor in North America with Customer Service sites around the country. We make available to our customers a multitude of options for their business, including traditional office products, computer and technology solutions, facility and break room supplies, office furniture, and custom print and promotional items, to just name a few. We provide exceptional customer service at our Halifax Contact Center with our, courteous people, detailed training, advanced technology and support from our national purchasing and distribution centers. The Halifax Contact Center is committed to their customers, associates, results, and keeping it Easy.
• Accurately process and resolve multiple incoming customer service contacts via chat, phone or email to determine customer needs, identify problems, direct customers to appropriate resources, or resolve customer problems directly and make any necessary callbacks. Multi-task with the highest quality customer service.
• Enter order information including additions, deletions, changes and cancellations.
• Receive and respond to customer inquiries via chat, phone or email regarding Staples’ products and business services
• Place customers order and work to cross sell and/or upsell
• Place callbacks to follow up on initial customer inquiry and to keep customer up to date on any system changes
• Ability to multi-task (handling 2-3 chats at the same time)
• High School Diploma or GED
• 6 months minimum Customer Service experience
• Ability to read, write and speak English
• Keyboarding/typing experience – minimum 40 WPM
• Basic understanding of arithmetic
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong listening skills
• Competitive Pay
• Full-Time Schedule: Variety of shifts including 4x10 hour (10:30-9:00) or (9:30-8) or 5x8 hour (11-730, 1130-8, or 12:30-9:00). All times AST. All include rotating or permanent Saturdays.
• Training is paid and full-time. Initial training schedule is Monday-Friday from 9:30am-6:00 pm. You must be able to work a flexible schedule during training.
• We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, RSP, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, vacation days, personal time, associate discounts, Scholarship program and more!
• No desk sharing!
• Associate-focused environment that promotes personal and professional growth and development with opportunities for promotions from within!
Apply at: http://globalcareers.staples.ca/jobs/customer-service-contact-centers/customer-service-representative-online-chat-lower-sackville-14589648/
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.