Halifax Regional Police
Crosswalk Guards are responsible for providing a safe and secure crosswalk for elementary children at designated school crosswalks in HRM.
We are currently accepting resumes for spares.
• New Spares (various locations in area)
• New Spares (various locations in the area)
• New Spares (various locations in Bedford and Sackville locations)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Safely escort elementary school children across busy crosswalks throughout HRM
• Enforce all policies and procedures in the operation of the crosswalk
• Abides by all laws dealing with pedestrian traffic at the crosswalk
• Reports any problems or safety concerns arising at the assigned crosswalk to the Supervisor or Program Manager.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to stand or walk 2 - 3 ½ hours a day and be exposed to all weather conditions
• Ability to maintain control under pressure
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Possess adequate vision and hearing.
NOTE: Candidates being considered for the position of Crosswalk Guard must successfully meet the security clearance requirements administered by Halifax Regional Police.
HOURS OF WORK: 3.5 hours per day (Shift Pattern 1) Monday to Friday, 10 months a year.
SALARY: The hourly rate for this position is $12.37 accordance with the collective agreement between CUPE Local 4814 and Halifax Regional Municipality.
Please forward resumes to email@example.com. Enquiries can be made by leaving a message at (902) 490-5168.
We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities and Aboriginal persons in the workplace. HRM encourages applicants to self-identify.