Part-time Temporary Position (3 days/week)
Place of work:
As soon as possible
August 31st, 2017
December 10, 2015
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage members of employment equity groups to apply. Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
Development and Peace is one of the leading Canadian international development NGOs and the official international solidarity organization of the Canadian Catholic Church. With annual revenues ranging between $25 million and $35 million, the organization supports local partners located in several countries of the Global South. With a network of members across Canada, Development and Peace raises the awareness of Canadians about the causes of worldwide poverty and injustice and mobilizes Canadians around actions for change.
Reporting to the Director or Deputy Director of the relevant department, and sometimes under the coordination of the animator or the staff of the relevant department, the Office Clerk provides administrative support by performing a variety of general office duties as needed.
• Prepare correspondence, forms, presentations and other documents from written or dictated notes;
• Photocopy and staple together documents for their distribution, mailing and filing;
• Respond to requests for information by phone, in person or by electronic means or forward those requests to the appropriate person;
• Assist staff in data entry;
• Sort and file documents according to established filing systems, find and retrieve documents from files in response to requests;
• Prepare and route mail according to established procedures;
• Assist in organizing various events such as workshops or meetings, including preparation of the annual Regional Meeting;
• Provide assistance to the people responsible for archiving documents according to established procedures.
• Perform other related duties.
• High school diploma
• Excellent command of written and oral French and English
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Knowledge of a database (asset)
• One year of relevant experience
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
• Salary and benefits according to Collective agreement.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.