Seniors Navigator Project Coordinator
Rural Communities Foundation of Nova Scotia Seeks a
The following position is being offered by the Rural Communities Foundation of Nova Scotia (RCFNS). The RCFNS supports community based initiatives which:
- Seek to improve understanding of issues facing rural communities in Nova Scotia
- Offer solutions to problems and challenges of rural and coastal Nova Scotia
- Create an environment that enhances and sustains rural and coastal Nova Scotia
Seniors Navigator Project Coordinator: The Rural Communities Foundation is taking the lead on an innovative community development project designed to help seniors access the most appropriate services in rural areas. We invite you to bring your expertise to a position where there is the opportunity to make a difference in lives of people and communities in rural Nova Scotia. Position Summary: Develops and implements community engagement strategies to conduct research, recruit volunteers, provide education, support a train-the-trainer model and evaluate the impact of this work. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting community-based research
- Compiling directories of services and train-the-trainer manuals
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with community leaders, organizations, and churches in three target communities in different parts of the province
- Recruiting, training and supporting lead volunteers from the target communities
- Delivering presentations, attending meetings, and developing and distributing educational materials about the project
This work requires a degree in health or social sciences or other related discipline, 2 years related experience, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. The position requires exceptional networking & community development skills, as well as strong public speaking/presentation skills. Previous grassroots/community outreach experience will be an asset as will lived experience in rural Nova Scotia and previous work with seniors.
This is a two year contract position. Salary- 36,000 per year plus travel expenses as per RCFNS policies.
It is anticipated that the Coordinator will work from a home-based office with some funding available for relevant office expenses.
The Coordinator must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
The work week will be 35 hours per week. Hours will be flexible and may include occasional evenings and weekends. Start date November 30, 2015.
Please submit applications to email@example.com by November 6th.