Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC) - Burridge Campus
Yarmouth, Nova Scotia
Career Resource Centre
Term Full-Time Position: Commencing approximately October 5, 2015 and ending approximately July 1, 2016
Salary range: $46,113 to $54,026 annually
Application deadline is midnight, October 1, 2015
Competition No. 2015-326
What you’ll be doing…
As part of the Career Resource Centre, you will provide employment assistance to those looking to enter or re-enter the work force including all target groups. Your responsibilities include working with clients to conduct needs assessments, provide career/employment counselling/coaching, develop return to work action plans, case manage files, develop and deliver employment related workshops and liaise with and engage with the employer community.
What we’re looking for…
A collaborative, team player who takes personal accountability to deliver on what is expected in their role and who strives for excellence every day. Committed to life-long learning, occupational currency and a belief in NSCC’s mission, they bring a learning-centered perspective to everything they do. They think broadly, celebrate diversity of thought, and respect the uniqueness of individuals. They flourish in a dynamic, changing and sometimes ambiguous environment by keeping informed and connected within their role and the College. Is this you?
• You possess a relevant College Diploma or University Degree with a specialization in delivering employment services including counselling/coaching
• A minimum of three years of relevant experience, or the recognized equivalencies
Minimum skills and ability:
• Your occupational experience includes working with clients in the areas of interview, performing assessments, career/employment counseling/coaching, and developing and delivering workshops. You will also assist clients with setting up goals and action plans for employment
• You have case management experience as well as a working knowledge of data tracking systems such as LaMPSS will be an asset.
• You have experience with the full suite of MS Office applications, Outlook and the Internet.
• You are known for your superb communication, information management and client service skills.
• You are innovative and committed to client-centred planning and job coaching.
• As a team player, you will be required to have strong work ethics, problem solving skills and commitment to excellence.
• Bilingualism will be an asset
What you’ll experience at NSCC…
You’ll change lives. You’ll join committed individuals as we work to build Nova Scotia’s economy and improve quality of life through education and innovation. As an NSCC employee, you’ll be part of that change.
You’ll find a place to grow. With a lot of opportunity for professional development and collaborative projects, you’ll continue to grow and learn throughout your career.
You’ll find a place to thrive. Doing meaningful and challenging work in a publically accountable and respectful working and learning environment that is diverse, safe and inclusive. You’ll have the freedom to enable innovation, improvement and excellence.
You’ll celebrate the uniqueness of individuals. Our college welcomes diversity in both its student body and its employees, and we take every opportunity to become more inclusive. We encourage applications from qualified candidates from all diverse communities including but not limited to aboriginal persons, racially visible persons, people with disabilities and women in non-traditional roles. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so by completing an online questionnaire with your application.
NSCC offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package. As a learning-centred organization, we provide opportunities for every NSCC employee to be a life-long learner.
Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to provide at least three recent, relevant references. The successful candidate will be expected to provide official transcripts to show proof of academic achievements.
To apply for College jobs, simply click on the Apply Now Online button. To serve you better, NSCC has a user-friendly on-line application process in partnership with Career Beacon. First time users will complete a basic registration and receive a username and password via email (NOTE: email may appear in "Junk Mail" folder depending upon your mail management configuration). You will then have the option of uploading your existing resume(s) and cover letter(s) in seconds or creating them on-the-spot in the "editor". For more information about working at the College, please visit us at http://www.nscc.ca/about_nscc/jobs_at_nscc/